The ALCO>S4 were 1,000 horsepower (746 kW) switcher diesel locomotives produced by ALCO and Canadian licensee Montreal Locomotive Works (MLW), riding on standard AAR type A switcher trucks. Both were powered by ALCO 539 turbocharged, 6-cylinder diesels. The S-4 was constructed between June 1949 and August 1957
#14 was purchased second hand, formly a Pittsburgh & Lake Erie locomotive. It has served faithfully at the mill for almost 20 years, however it is speculated that a replacement is coming in the near future.